2018-2021 CBA Ratification Vote: On June 14, 2018, the UFE membership and the Board of Trustees ratified the 2018-2021 Collective Bargaining Agreement. Under the UFE bylaws, agreements are ratified by a majority of those members voting. The results of the vote were as follows: 62 yes votes; 8 no votes; 70 votes total (89% yes to 11% no). Voter turnout was 55%.
2016 Representation Fee: The UFE membership turned out in strong numbers to vote on the representation fee in May 2016. The final vote tally was 81 yes, 20 no, for a total of 101 votes.
Compare below the total number of UFE votes to the total number of votes taken at faculty meetings on significant issues over the last decade. See the list of examples below.
TESC Faculty Meeting Voting Stats:
- Test Optional Admissions to Evergreen passed by a vote of 59Y/0N/0A (59 votes total) on January 16, 2019
- First Year Experience Learning Goals – Proposal passed by a vote of 58Y/4N/5A (67 votes total) on May 9, 2018.
- Long Range Curriculum DTF proposals (January 15, 2014)
- 48 ILC credit limit: passed with 59Y/3N/1A (63 votes total)
- Prerequisites before ILC or INT: passed with 46Y/15N/2A (63 votes total)
- ILC/INT deadline Friday of Week 10 of prior quarter: passed with 43Y/19N/2A (64 total)
Source: Faculty Meeting Minutes January 15, 2014 at the following link: http://evergreen.edu/provost/docs/facmins/20140115%20Faculty%20Meeting%20Minutes%20–%20FINAL.pdf
- Planning Unit Coordinator DTF: Please note that there were no numbers on the Planning Unit Coordinators (PUC) DTF vote in May 2014 because the minutes said that the final proposal was passed by a voice vote “with the vast majority voting in favor, no voting to oppose, and a small number of faculty indicating they were abstaining.” There was no record in the faculty meeting minutes of how many people attended that meeting.
Planning Unit Coordinator DTF – PUC DTF members Anne Fischel and Greg Mullins provided an overview of the DTF’s work and the final proposal that was first put before the faculty for discussion at the May 5, 2014 Faculty Meeting. The floor was open for continued discussion on the proposal. A voice vote was taken to end discussion. It was followed by a voice vote of the proposal as a whole, which passed with the vast majority voting in favor, no voting to oppose, and a small number of faculty indicating they were abstaining. http://evergreen.edu/provost/docs/facmins/20140604%20Faculty%20Meeting%20Minutes%20-%20FINAL.pdf
- Remodeling Teaching and Learning at Evergreen (RTALE) proposal passed by a vote of 72Y/13N/ 5A (90 votes total) on Nov. 16, 2011. Source: Faculty Meeting Minutes for Nov. 16, 2011 at: http://www.evergreen.edu/provost/docs/facmins/20111116facmtgmin.pdf
- Long-Term Visiting and Adjunct Faculty Appointment DTF Policy Proposal passed by a vote of 70Y/2N/4A (76 total votes) on January 23, 2008; see pdf for this date at: http://evergreen.edu/provost/facultyminutes.htm