Shawn Hazboun will be on parental leave in spring quarter (congratulations Shawn!); Grace Huerta is stepping in to serve as interim UFE Chair during this time.
Spring quarter meetings: save the date!
- Weds. April 21, 1:30-3pm – Special Forum on the Contract (Members only)
- Weds. April 28, 1:30-3pm – Special Forum on the Contract (All faculty)
- Thurs. May 6, 5-6pm – Members Meeting
UFE ratifies two MOUs (access all contract documents on the UFE website)
- The Safety MOU updates an earlier MOU regarding COVID safety, extending many of those provisions through summer 2021.
- The Title IX MOU aligns with policy changes adopted by the college following new rules from the federal Department of Education.
Welcome to the new UFE Member Newsletter!
- The union distributed a paper newsletter regularly 2008-2011 (you can read past issues on the UFE website). It relaunches here in a quarterly email edition with the aim of informing, entertaining, and connecting our amazing members!
- We invite feedback on this inaugural effort and ideas about how to develop it further in future installments; please reply to Julie Levin Russo, UFE Communications Coordinator, with thoughts about what you’d like to see in a newsletter.
Evergreen Faculty Union Solidarity Scholarship Fund Drive
Since 2011, the UFE has sought to offer scholarships to students who are overcoming barriers to succeed at Evergreen. Among other criteria, DREAMers and DACA students are eligible. Each year the UFE forms a committee to read and consider applicants. That way, we personally learn more about the incredible students who may gain an immediate benefit from this financial support during these especially difficult times. Our goal is to award as many $1000 scholarships as possible, however the fund has gotten smaller over the past few years as faculty retire. We also recognize that the pandemic and this year’s furloughs have been challenging for all of us; those challenges are even greater for many students.
The current fund drive seeks to address this need: can YOU pledge to support the Evergreen Faculty Union Solidarity Scholarship? In the Stewards Council drive, we have already DOUBLED the number of contributors, and we challenge members to reach the same level! A form to set up payroll deduction or a one-time donation is attached. To see if you already give by payroll deduction, check your paystub for the line item “UFE Scholarship.” Contributions are fully tax-deductible, and are administered by the Evergreen Foundation; learn more UFE website.